Wednesday 1 October 2014

Slavery And The Wages Of Slavery

Historians and philosophers of the world have been working continuously harder for the past forty years now to tell the story of how slavery had started and also how it ended in what’s briefly phrased as the rise and fall of slavery. As a philosopher myself, I made it my mission to read each and every article written on the subject and I am glad to say that indeed this matter of slavery has been finalized and amicably put to rest.


Unfortunately given what I know about how hurt my people in Africa are regarding this matter, even I have got to choose words carefully when writing anything pertaining to this topic because as far as the Africans are concerned, it isn't over yet! According to them, this isn't something you just shake hands on, saying it’s over; hence we all should just forgive one another and forget what had happened! 

Oh yes, both the sub-Saharan and Atlantic slavery that had run from 1441 to 1888 may be over but how do you put an end to the physical and mental sufferings of the descendants of the estimated 11 million enslaved Africans who were forced to cross the Atlantic Ocean to their New World destinations? You can’t just tell them to stop being poor and sick in the head and rather start living healthily like everybody else, can you? They are genetically sick from horrible past unpleasant experiences and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do to help them get better since it’s in their blood, it’s like a curse or something! It works involuntarily on their nerves and in their lives to the point where bad things just happen to them whether they like it or not!  Many of them have died under mysterious conditions and the lucky ones are serving life jail sentences for crimes they committed beyond their control due to the spell hovering over them arising from what had happened to their forefathers. 

Nonetheless, long story short, the wages of slavery is basically a curse which attacks the physical body and mind to a point where one under such a spell have got no control over his or her life. Therefore, the worst mistake anybody can make is telling such a person to grow up and start living a normal life like everybody else for Godssake!  Well, I have learnt a lot from my big sister about the symptoms of slavery illness and for that reason; I've made it my mission in life to engineer a solution to this problem, a solution that would most likely put this matter to rest once and for all! Of course, I don’t need to be reimbursed for such a solution because I engineered it for the common good of humanity in general. After all, it’s my people in Africa who are suffering from the wages of slavery illness, so getting reimbursed for creating a solution that would benefit all human beings on earth is the last thing on my mind. 

Evidently I wouldn't approve the idea that all Africans in Africa and those abroad should be reimbursed for what had happened to their forefathers with regards to suppression or rather slavery in particular! After all, what’s the point of compensating this generation while the next generation a century from now on would also demand to be reimbursed for the same thing? For that reason, if I were high up in a position to suggest or rather put forward my solution to this problem of slavery and its wages, I would demand that every given country on earth should have a therapeutic centre or two, where not only African folks, but everybody suffering from the wages of slavery would go to for a free mental treatment without being subjected to harmful medication as though they were really mentally gone! 


The war veterans have got such sanatoria in some countries, and so why is it that such facilities are not afforded the descendants of the people who had been made slaves during the modern times? Yet modern slavery is still going on to this day, which means that the victims and their relatives therefore need counsel which they generally can’t afford under normal conditions since each and every shrink in town needs to be paid upfront! (To be continued)… and please, in the meantime, feel free to leave a comment concerning supporting or opposing my views on this topic, I am really open to criticism if you like! 
Oh I nearly forgot to mention that I am going on a business mission to some place far away from Windhoek, so it’ll take me a while before I get a chance to write something pertaining to this subject. But thanks to a well-developed infrastructure in my country, Namibia, that regardless of wherever I go in the country, I’d still have access to the internet and mobile telephone communication, so feel free to engage me anytime you feel like chatting online or over mobile phone, okay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taiho Jutsu Whk Membership Information

Welcome to Taiho Jutsu Namibia, you really made the right decision to join the winning martial art style practiced worldwide.  Needle...